Tuesday 10 January 2012

The Real Curtain Call

I realized I didn't write anything about ROC now that it has come to an end. So, here is one...


It still is quite unreal to me to know that ROC has been staged and its now done. Who would have thought that the day that everyone waited for came and went just like that right.? I remember during Intensive Week, the big day seemed so far away and I was barely getting by for Intensive Week. The thought of making it through Intensive Week only seemed almost impossible what more making it till the big day. But I did, and all of us did. Praise God.!!


The journey to ROC2: Dear David is not an easy one. Its a real roller coaster ride. As students, we have multiple commitments and ROC requires a lot of our time and commitment too. Yea, all cast and crew juggled our studies, social life and ROC like mad. We faced so many challenges and faith was tested at every turn. Yet, with the grace of God, we came out victorious. For me personally, it was a really hard time for me to be positive. I still managed to put up a good face though, but in my mind, a million negative thoughts lingered. I was getting not-so-good feedback at almost every practice #how la to be postive..#. I can say, I was pretty upset and dissapointed that my directors couldn't encourage me with their words. Towards the end and now that it has also ended, I realized they had to do what they had to do ~ be honest and make the team give their best. Really sorry directors... 


Days became weeks and weeks became months. We continued on with practices. Even though when we were like days away from the big day, many things still seems to be not done, the major one in my opinion is props transition. We barely made it below 20 seconds. Those are the nerve wrecking parts. Then came some fun stuff too. Publicity.!! Ahahaha.!! We did flash mobs in the middle of campus. We shuffled for our flash mobs to be precise. Fun and crazy stuff. One little thing I will remember was when all of us were moving around campus to promote our event. We ran and shouted to attract attention. Then we reached the MMU roundabout. There, there was 3 CLS(Chinese Language Society) guys sitting at the bus stop in their red event tee also promoting their event. I must be quite high that time to do what I did. I dragged two other of our girls(decked in ROC2's tee which is green) with me and made them sit with me at the bus stop beside those CLS guys. Green and red, pretty Christmas-sy right.?


Fast forward to the night itself. I knew my Cyber family is coming which made the night more exciting. I prayed hard before it all starts that I will not forget anything and just enjoy my moment on stage. Ahaha... Going on stage, I can say I wasn't that afraid to look at the crowd but at the same time I also couldn't see where the Cyberians are. Anyways, I was more focused on getting the job done and not just done, but to nail it all also. Missed some teeny tiny steps for some of my dance but I still smiled at the audience as if there was no tomorrow. I thanked God that I didn't hold anything back and that I was able to go all out. I mean, of all nights to perform your best, it better be on the big night itself right.? Or in this case, nights. The first night came to an end and I am more than satisfied with how I did. Yay.!!!


Second night came, and I battled the same issues with my gan jeong-ness. But second night turned out great as well. Really nothing for me to worry, just went with the flow of everything. Before I can even stop and think, all cast and crew are already on stage for the finale and ROC2 has come to an end. Just like that. Walao eh, couldn't imagine lorrr... 


All in all, though it was a really tough journey, it was a real blessing for me to be a part of it. I got out of my comfort zone and performed something that I felt which was so idiotic. I really have no regrets for signing up to be this part of God's great big plan for this campus that I'm placed in. Now, I'm off to go see Cyber's Agape.!!! wooOtsss.!!!! ahahaha =D

No comments:

Post a Comment