Monday 8 September 2014

2 Months and 1 Day

Today marks 2 months and a day I am into my job. I won't say I am deeply in love with my job neither do I hate it completely. Anyhows, I will still give myself a pat in the back for coming this far. This job pays for my splurges at Zalora and Dorothy Perkins so, can't really whine much haha. 

Being new, I do a lot observing as I don't have a posse to bitch with lol. Some things I just wish I didn't have to see nor hear of it, but you know people talk. They Talk! And being neither blind nor deaf, I can't avoid not knowing of it. With that said, I give myself 2 more pats in the back for emotionally and mentally shutting out chatters that are, for the lack of a better word - bullshit. Sure sure, everyone has their opinion as to whose works are sloppy, who is not punctual and etc, but the universal theory of benefit of the doubt tells me that people clock in everyday to give their best and make an honest living. Question yourself this, who actually seeks to be escalated for not performing?Personally, in my own words that would be ~ I want to be deserving of my pay. And to be deserving of my pay, I do my best at my job. I sound so rainbow and lollipops don't I? 

Aside to being new, I am also the youngest in the team that I am working in. The most senior being a baby boomer and the youngest, me, being a dang proud Gen-Y. My baby boomer colleague was questioning bout how Gen-Ys function, and errmm, it wasn't in such a positive light. I remember just sitting at my desk and continuing with my job as if they weren't talking about me or people of my generation, my peers. Reading back Oprah's Harvard commencement speech really brought so much light to the episode that I dealt with.

"You will find true success and happiness if you have only one goal, there really is only one, and that is this: to fulfill the highest most truthful expression of yourself as a human being. You want to max out your humanity by using your energy to lift yourself up, your family and the people around you". 

See, I aim to best the person I can, put my best foot forward all the time cause only so I lift others up and be of service to the people around me. In addition to achieving the most truthful and honest expression of myself, for myself, I hope that that too reflects well on my peers.

I would say the answer to that question is pretty much answered above. I walk into interviews or into my job daily, being mindful of what prospective employers/superiors and mentors want to see and mambo jumbo that with my personality and quirks, in the hopes that you, my prospective employers/superiors and mentors, can see that generations can gel. There is no Gen-Y without Gen-X and no Gen-X without baby boomers.
.
.
.
.
And what did I just blabber up there. From my job that pays for my splurges, Oprah's speech to generations-can-gel. No wonder I can't write anymore. But for what's worth, you do get my point right?

No comments:

Post a Comment