Friday 6 June 2014

Bridge Over Troubled Water

Hola everyone who is reading this. Alot has happened this past few months that I wasn't here. The most major one being I'm officially a graduate. I have a degree to my name =) And this post title's name is derived from my Youtubing of this song the past two days =D

Just a short update on what I've been up to this week or lately. Of course, with the completion of my studies comes the obligation and responsibility to look for a job. A JOB.!! Set up my profile on Jobstreet for a week now and no one has called me. I don't know bout you but I find that quite tarnishing to my confidence. 

I mean, I've seen myself always, without fail, as a career oriented person as much as I do not have the academic excellence to boot. Ask me where do I see myself 10, 15 years from now and I will tell you ~ working, being good at my job and getting paid well, financially stable, travelling or something along those lines. It has never been "ohh settling down, having kids, a family...". Never. Almost like as if work is all I have in mind. But with this job hunting drought (???), it made me really see the dent in my academic results and the older my JS account gets, the more elusive it is to score a job in a nice, well known company. A company I foresee myself working in for a long time. Dang, I shouldn't jinx it like that, what a theory that was. But regarding the results part, that one is one slap of reality, to the extent that I feel I wouldn't mind going through university just to properly sit down and study and be a nerd. Not for those mushy life changing experiences bull haha. 

On another angle also, I feel it is probably God's way of telling me to direct some of my focus, time, resources etc to ministry also and not just work and career alone. Leaving university, I never once thought where I would wanna serve in or stuff like that. Dang,I didn't even sort out any arrangements for a church to attend once I move back home, what more where-next-can-I-serve. As of now, the church-to-attend part has been sorted out, thank God for Deric haha. 

This job hunting thing is ughhh. I've noticed job advertisement disclaimers stating it takes an average of 2 weeks to process an application. If that's the case, I must have been very very very the impatient. All I know for now is that I will need God to open some corporate doors for me. Am pretty stoked to attend a new church this weekend. The new faces, the culture. Being in a place where no one knows you is quite therapeutic at times for me, so I guess I'm probably looking forward to that a bit. Naturally also, being in a new place means having a level of enthusiasm that is probably subconscious, so that is something positive that I kinda can have fun with.

Lastly, before I go, I wanna share the song that this post is named after. At least the version of Bridge Over Troubled Water that I really enjoyed. Why don't people make music like this nowadays.?? McKnight's belt of "I will ease your mind" at 4:20 is to die for. My, musically non technical verdict je la hahah... Toodles happy readers.!! =) =)


Bridge Over Troubled Water ~ Josh Groban & Brian McKnight (cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment