Thursday 13 March 2014

Keeping up with MeiTheng

I've been watching so much of Keeping Up With the Kardashians and any shows that has something to do with the Kardashians. Yeap, including Kourtney&Kim Take NY and Khloe&Lamar. Such guilty pleasures. And also the go to post title as I am completely blank now. While we are at the topic of TV series, I've also caught up with the 5th season of The Good Wife ~ goshh Alicia Florrick's brain is so sexy!

Finals of Delta2 and Results
So much has happened since I last posted, it was at a time when preparations for Finals has not even start. Now, Finals are long gone, news of Taylor Swift's Red Tour coming to Malaysia broke, #Sochi2014 started and ended, Finals results are even out and I am already on the final week of my semester break. Passed everything from previous semester *hoorrrayy* with slight increase in my GPA, though my GPA was never to die for to begin with. With me passing every subject I took last semester, that meant I can go into my final semester on time and that leads to me having a good and high chance of graduating on time too! You tell me why I no happy.??? Hahahaha....

Taylor Swift Red Tour
I wanted to go for the Red Tour so badly, so so so mega extremely badly. I was ready to spend my ang pao on getting the tickets too, but sadly I had no one who can confirm if they could go since it's going to be in June, a long period of time to go. The other cray crap part is ~ TICKETS SOLD OUT WITHIN TWO HOURS.!!!! Miss Swift sure has a big following here =D

#Sochi2014 (I had to do the hashtag thing here haha)
Now now, I get to what I might say as the biggest chunk of this post - the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics!!!! I started watching the Winter Games back in 2006, when I was in Form2 *gahhhh it has been that long eh.??* and I've been following ever since. I remembered how I told my dad to not leave(he was sending me to school btw) because there was ladies' figure skating going on on TV. I saw Sasha Cohen's silver medal performance, cheered and celebrated when Irina Slutskaya fell hahaha (cause I wanted Sasha to win) and witnessed history when a Japanese won gold in this event. I was okay btw, with Arakawa winning, cause speaking as someone-watching-the-sport-for-the-first-time-hence-I-know-nothing, I felt Arakawa's joy, freedom and her authenticity towards her craft. Okok, that was the history of how I started watching the Winter Olympics.

Back to #Sochi2014, of course I rooted for Yuna Kim to win a back to back gold medal, many did in fact. As all would've known by now, she didn't, she skated away with a silver instead. I also rooted for Gracie Gold to medal because I am a #teamusa #ftw kind of a girl. Nahh, I support TeamUSA because of Michelle Kwan (inspiring, so inspiring, the epitome of an American dream) and also how USA dominates the sports that they are in and the honour displayed by their athletes for being part of TeamUSA . I definitely hope and want to see Gold again in PyeongChang 2018, I might even consider making a trip there hahaha...  Davis and White winning ice dancing gold - happiest news ever at this Olympics for me *Go Meryl and Charlie!!!!*. I watch ice dancing because of the Shibutanis, super adorable and talented siblings. Maia has tons of swag yo! I hope the siblings will continue to improve and be household names of their sport and craft and also so that I have nice ice dancing routines to watch lol..

And through this Games, I discovered another event that I will be following - short track speed skating. I saw Apolo Ohno 500m gold medal win at the 2006 Games, but I never followed up with the sport anymore because of my immense interest and adoration towards figure skating. Sochi2014 rolled around, I got interested in short track speed skating again. I do not know how low speed skaters "lean" towards the ice when they are at the curve. Mind boggling hence super interesting. Another reason - JR Celski!! Here's a picture I got from Google and I'll let that do the explaining hehe...


That's what I call a million dollar smile!

But I insist, I still watch the Games for its sporting elements and not just for eye candy kays.? Eye candies are just teeny tiny added bonus...

That's pretty much it for me now, the semester break has been stagnant but I like it because I know the next break I will have will be occupied with job hunting. It sound weird to even say that ~ job hunting. Anyhows, thanks for reading and hoped you gain a thing or two =)




No comments:

Post a Comment